iLASIK™ - Bladeless Custom LASIK
LASIK is the most commonly performed refractive surgery procedure today in Chandler, Phoenix and Glendale Arizona because it can safely and accurately correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism over a broad range of prescriptions. You may hear people calling it "LASIX" but the correct name is LASIK, an acronym for "laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis”, which means to reshape the cornea (the clear surface of the eye) without disturbing the adjoining tissue.
iLASIK™: Three Steps to Better Vision
- Using the Intralase™ laser, a corneal flap is created exposing the underlying corneal bed.
- The VISX Star S4 IR™ excimer laser emits a cool beam of invisible UV light to adjust the curvature of the cornea, allowing light to focus on the retina without the aid of glasses.
- The corneal flap is replaced.
iLASIK: Three Steps
iLASIK vs. Conventional LASIK: What’s the difference?
There are two important differences between the modern, custom iLASIK™ we use at Horizon Eye Specialists and the Conventional LASIK still used by some refractive surgeons:
- 100% BLADE FREE. Conventional LASIK refers to the original form of LASIK eye surgery where a microkeratome, an oscillating blade on a track, is used to make the corneal flap. iLASIK™ uses the IntraLase™ FS Laser System to create the corneal flap, making the procedure 100% BLADE FREE!
- CUSTOM TECHNOLOGY. Conventional LASIK typically does not include the extensive collection of Custom Wavefront™ technology used in iLASIK™ to treat your refractive error.
This complete package of fully integrated technologies includes:
- VISX Wavescan WaveFront™ Diagnostics
- IntraLase™ Femtosecond Laser
- VISX Star S4 Iris Registration™ Excimer Laser
- VISX Advanced CustomVue™ Treatment
At Horizon Eye Specialists, we believe iLASIK’s combination of the most advanced FDA-approved, bladeless all-laser LASIK technologies is so clinically beneficial, it is our standard of care for every LASIK patient.
What are some advantages of iLASIK?
If you are considering iLASIK™, you may be interested to know the advantages of the procedure. They include:
- All laser procedure (blade-free)
- Little or no discomfort
- Recovery time of 1-2 days
- Both eyes are treated the same day
- The actual surgery takes just 10-15 minutes
- Low incidence of side effects and complications
- The enhancement rate is lower than it’s ever been with the VISX Star S4
- Monovision option for ages 40-45+
- Outpatient surgery
- No stitches
- No needles
- Oftentimes, can work the next day