Life can sometimes feel like you’re living in the future; there’s a pill for this, an app for that, and exercising every day will make life grand (once you get started that is). When it comes to your eyesight and the hassle of dealing with your glasses and contacts there are a few options to mitigate the inconvenience of glasses or contacts.
If you’re tired of your lenses fogging up during a rainy day or having your contact pop out and trying to find it, you’re not alone. These irritations are just a few of the reasons why people start to think about LASIK eye surgery. LASIK eye surgery may not be ideal for everyone, but there are some signs that can help you figure out whether or not getting LASIK eye surgery is right for you.
Here are some signs that it may be a good idea for you to bring up LASIK eye surgery with your eye doctor:
- You have normal sized pupils
- You’re not pregnant or nursing at the time of the surgery
- You’re over the age of 21
- You’re looking to simplify by getting rid of prescriptions and appointments for contacts or glasses
- You have a stable eye prescription. Over the course of the past 2 years if your prescription has stayed the same, there is a strong chance that you may be a good candidate for LASIK
Getting LASIK done may be one of the most important steps you ever take with your vision, and it’s a decision you want to make after talking with your doctor. If you have further questions about whether or not LASIK eye surgery is appropriate for you based on your individual prescription and your preferences, make sure you reach out to an experienced eye surgeon to discuss your options. If you have any additional questions or would like to make an appointment, contact us today.